By the time it came to the edge of the Forest the stream had grown up, so that it was almost a river, and it did not run and jump and sparkle along as it used to do when it was younger, but moved more slowly.
For it knew now where it was going, and it said to itself,
“There is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
- A.A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner as quoted in The Tao of Pooh, by Benjamin Hoff (p. 67)
These are the rules for this challenge:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post one fresh quotation on three consecutive days.
- On each of the three days, nominate three folk who have not yet taken part to continue the challenge.
As with many challenges, the rules can be bent a little, if need be, to fit in with people’s blogging schedules. If time is a contraint post all 3 in one day or post them over three weeks rather than three days. It’s really down to whatever suits you.
Today’s quote comes from one of my favorite books. It explains the principles of Taoism using the characters of A.A. Milne’s classic stories about Winnie the Pooh.
Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed Set
Here are my nominations for day two:
- Emma Kaufmann at http://www.studioemmakaufmann.blogspot.com
- Sandra at Sandra’s Place
- Kim at Building a Life of Hope